Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Me and my Follies


With countless imperfections,
Me with all my follies,
Tread down the road of life.

For some I am a boring block,
For some a laughing stock,
For some a maverick fool,
For some just an antic!

Jester being for so many,
Me with all my follies,
Tread down the road of life.

With all shortcomings,
The insignificant soul in me,
Is alive and throbbing still with life.
Expectant eagerly
For that song to reverberate,
That rhythm to entice,
That color to dip all around,
In its embrace of exotic redness!

 In this long journey,
Winnowing with the wind of time,
Waiting with patience,
Toiling hard keeping the pace,
Up the thorny uphill,
I keep making the way to that
Lustrous Sparkling crystal castle -
Eluding its elegance
Amidst fog and mist!

I fall down on the dust,
Repeatedly hurting and bleeding,
But again stand I,
Start walking up the winding hill,
Shining against the gleaming Sun,
With the sweat of painful toil!
Stop not I creating, what inspires me,
For that is not a just a good to have dream,
But a reason to be!

I am happy or sad,
Bleeding or Laughing –
Hated or loved,
Does not matter at all!
For it is irrelevant to the universe
And its indifferent ways!

What just matters
Is the destiny I am busy creating –
The destiny for me, the world, and its people!

A lonely traveler,
In the long journey,
Me with all my follies,
Tread down the road of life.

______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment