Saturday, August 6, 2011

F-R-I-E-N-D-S!

More than
Just a well wisher,
An understanding soul,
Being that much needed support,
That warm kinship!

More than
Those happy moments spent together,
About passing weekends together,
About going movies in group,
The treats and parties,
Those painful birthday bums,
The irritating pranks and PJs,

More than
That ability to know each other’s nerves,
Being able to confide,
About the pains, ecstasies and adventures,
My Friends,
You all have been much more to me!

You were a beacon,
In the night dark,
Helping me to discover myself,
Who was I, who was I not!

It was not that much, how similar we are,
But it was more about how different were always were!
That made me feel -
You are so special – So am I.

You all were those multiple open windows,
In the deep dark cavern of my mind,
Filling in light of thousand hues!
Enlightening my being,
With your thoughts, your perspectives, your takes!

Being bound with so many of you,
Near, far, across distant lands,
It was always a feeling of being beyond the confinement of body,
It was like being alive in an extended realm,
Beyond the constraints of
Time and Space!

Each of you going to places -
With your own unique stories of success!
Makes me realize the paths varied,
To the same destination of being fulfilled, happy and relevant!

Your achievements and feats,
Makes me aware of what is possible!
Always they are the guiding constellations,
When I get lost in the darkness of my follies!

Though we might not see each other,
Though we might not be in touch,
But that mere awareness that you are there,
In some part of the world,
Makes me feel connected and known!

Who I am, what I stand for,
Are concrete and real,
Just because you are present!
Or else I would have been unknown
Another human being, lost in anonymity!

You are among those very few in this world,
For whom I need not to prove,
Each time, creating my relevance!
It is just a relaxing being –
Being cozy in the feeling of being accepted!

In the indifferent universe,
You are the buffer of providence for me!
I know it does not matter to the universe,
I am alive or dead!
But it will at least leave a scar,
In one way or other,
In your heart, when I am no more!
That feeling makes me feel pampered!

We have been, and will be –
Bands of connected souls,
Working together doing something great!
Which my single hand, mind and heart,
Would have never been able to create!

This journey of life,
Have been like a celebration long,
For only you were there,
With all merry makings, noise and songs!

You were the only means for me to realize,
What love, faith and hope is,
When we talked and laughed together!
Also you were the only means for me to realize,
What sorrow, abandonment, melancholy is.
When we never talked and avoided each other!

You made me realize how wretched the ego is,
You made me realize how slimy the mind can be,
For only those episodes of rift and friction!

Thank you All!
For being my friend -
Sailing the journey of life,
Together with me,
In the ruthless and real – the stormy sea of existence!
Helping me discover myself and Life!

God Bless you All!
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment