Friday, March 25, 2011

Growing In Love!

 They say -
I have “fallen” in love!
But wondering was I
Is it really a fall?
Or it is a Continuous Growth?

Each time I have been
In the state of love,
Haven’t  I grown
Up to avenues higher!

Being in love
Made me feel the
Phantasm of mind
Which magically transforms
A damsel to divine!
It allowed me behold in the ordinary -
The most beautiful being!
More beautiful than the divine!

I came to know
Life is not what is -
Rather it is what I create!
It is my perception which is real to me
Not the reality!
For the first time,
I had the visceral feeling
Of what they say -
Story is truer than the Truth!

Being in love
Made me transcend my ordinary being -
My wishes, my dreams, my desire!
To a much higher plane -
Of what she wishes, she dreams, she desires!
And then the transcendence extended even further -
To what they wish, they dream, they desire!
And then even further I grew -
To what the institution wishes, it dreams, it desires!

And then did I think for the first time –
Life as a whole - humanity together -
What it wishes, dreams and desires!
What a beautiful state of being I am!
Living for the beloved -
In the form of the muse with the most beautiful eyes,
In the form of a vision so inspiring to keep me charged,
In the form of a meaning of life, making myself relevant!

Being in love,
Made me honor the space of others!
It is that an expectation of something in return could
Immediately thwart away my being in love,
Into a parasitic urge of possessing which can never be possessed,
Into downgrading the divine,
Into lowly worldly clinging and clasping,
Leading to a commoditized degradable familiarity!

Being in love,
Made me feel the pull of life,
In the form of a desire not granted,
Looking forward for miracles,
Cherishing the indifference of
The universe and the beloved!
Thereby for the first time,
Appreciating the love what I already abound!
My family, my friends, my job, my poems!

Being in love,
Made me appreciate in cellular level,
The profound force of Natural Selection,
Ingrained deep into the genes,
Totally hidden from the conscious awareness!
It made me see the world most of it going totally pup petted
By the genetic urge -
The invisible and unconscious - force of evolution
Using mortals as vehicles -
In its own journey to Higher Complexity!

Being in love,
Made me see God,
Who was greater and more beautiful
Than any of those, who they talk about,
In fairy tales and mythologies!

It was not only the pleasure
Of seeing God in those most beautiful eyes!
But also cherishing the Omnipresence -
Literally for the first time!
Either in those sweet memories of love,
Or in that moment of caring –
Holding my infant baby in hand just after she was born,
 Or helping that blind couple cross the busy road,
Or hugging that embarrassed person who was
Un-dignified by the world being mis-understood by all!
Or the moment of that fulfilling smile –
Having written that poem – “The Ocean and The Moon”!


Being in love,
Made me feel that pain – which is death to hide!
Increasing the appreciation of
Kindness and understanding!
It taught me the value of being loved
Each long hard and thorny moment spent in
Empty and Silent Solitude!

They say -
I have fallen in love!
But wondering was I
Is it a fall?
Or a continuous Growth?

I have learnt –
More I love –
The more I am alive, The more I learn – The more I give - More I grow – More I am relevant!
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment