Friday, June 17, 2011

The Enchantment

Michel Simoni – (May his tribe increase)
Walked down the highway
In the city of Florence,
Past midnight.

The night was dark,
Cold and Foggy.
Alone waked the sage sculptor!
 With silver beard,
And gold heart!

Sky was back,
Dull and dark.
With no moon no star.

Michel was alone,
Trod he the dark ways,
Enchanted to his core!

Enchanted was he with the Fire!
The standing torches – The glaring Fire!
Stood they burning with all ardor,
On both sides of the highway,
Determined to show the way ahead,
To Michel Simoni!

The standing torches – The glaring Fire!
They knew not Michel Simoni.
Knew not they other thousands of travelers,
On the way every night through ages!

Nothing they expected,
Nothing they wanted.
Only they knew  -
To fight darkness away,
To bring into sight -
The destination for others.

Kept they burning,
All through the night,
Without a moan, or a cry!
They knew there was a thing
More Important than their pleasure,
It was the wellbeing of others!

The standing torches – The glaring Fire!
The essence of their existence,
The reason of their life,
Was to give –
Warmth, Light and Direction!

Fighting the darkness, ignorance,
And pain of the world,
With the enlightening
And guiding radiance!
The sole purpose was to
Burning till the last breath,
Reducing the self to ashes,
Just with one purpose,
One meaning, and one ambition –
To light the path of the weary travelers!

Enchanted was Michel!
Awestruck at the grace and pride!
Of the torch burning high!
Kissing the heavens as a knight!

Stopped he by the post,
Looked up askance towards the torch,
Asked Michel –
“What you get? Why you burn? Are you not tired?”

All the torches laughed at one go!
Sarcastic laughter thundered the sky and the earth!
Groaned the torch to Michel –
“If I don’t burn, I cease to be who I am.
  If I don’t burn, I cease to be relevant.
  I am not a form,
  I am not a dead sculptor of yours!
  I am a process, a happening, a celebration!
  I am a continuous urge, an un-tiring hope,
  I am a cosmic dance,
  Busy in creation – Creating Beauty of Light and Awareness!
  I might be in pain, burning agelessly,
  But I am proud! I am in grace!
  For I am RELEVANT!
  I don’t need the traveler’s gratitude!
  Nor I need a sight of understanding and care!
  What does a process need?
  How can a dance ask?”

 The standing torches – The glaring Fire!
 All pronounced in unison -  
“Go ahead Michel Simoni!
 What will you know what is being a FLAME!
 You are just a mortal – caged in your earthly cravings!”

[This is my second composition of the Simoni series. The first one is "The Sculptor's Sin"
http://criativ-mind.blogspot.com/2011/04/sculptors-sin.html]
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment