Thursday, December 15, 2011

On this special day...

[Dedicated to my better half - my eternal love - Manisha - on her birthday today]

On this special day
I still remember, Long past
Those excruciating anxious moments,
Which snailed liked never passing years –

Waiting for that one glimpse,
Bathing my heart with bliss,
For that charming smile,
Nourishing my soul with immortalizing nectar.
For that nightingale voice,
A sacrament to my inner self!

And then there was that special moment!
When you would alight
As a crowning glory to my life,
Making me feel so special, so unique, so loved!
Never had I felt ever,
So much with meaning,
So much conspicuous,
So very important!

And then, when you were there with me,
Time would fly in a jiffy – uncaring, unheeded!

And then the most beautiful thing happened to me,
The day when you were mine!
Life’s all splendors; all wealth was at my feet!
For you were mine, and I yours!

Today, I reminiscence that special day,
When you came in this world,
From the heavens far away,
Just for me – o fairy queen,
Continuing our journey
Of eternal togetherness,
Births after births,
We are yet again together!

Strung together in strong bond of love,
Interwoven are we,
Our soul, spirit and self!
We are one, complementing each other,
You are my better half,
I your lovelorn boy!

Wishing you all bests of life,
All that is good and bright!
Meaning of my existence has been
Decorated with the shiniest jewel –
Your happiness and wellbeing!

In the dreary dry desert,
Of everyday life,
With an indifferent universe,
And impersonal society,
When parched with melancholy,
Of bitter reality,
Your presence is like
A divine quench to the soul!
An understanding that –
Yes there is something so beautiful,
So loving, and so caring!
An understanding that God is present,
Right here, right now,
In your closeness with me!

In my journey of life,
Each time I am reduced,
With criticism, hatred,
Rudeness, and mockery.
Each time I bleed by the thorns,
Hidden in the rose,
Each time I am stabbed,
With the dagger of the cold
World out there,
I cherish having re-birth,
Like the Phoenix from the ashes,
When I come back to you,
At the end of the day.

In your embrace,
How real is my goodness to me!
How strongly I get a reason to go on,
Un-tired, un-scathed, by the perils of
The life’s reality!
I cave in the all embracing,
Understanding, loving and protective spell,
Of your love,
Still determined to be what I am,
What I stand for.

More than just a friend,
A life partner,
My better half, dear Paku,
You are my shelter,
You are my blessings,
You are my faith,
You are my meaning!
 You are the reason behind my smile,
You are reason of each beat of my heart!

Seasons come, and seasons go.
In all their splendor,
They teach, they caress through,
With all their splendor,
They go as they had come.
Through all those seasons,
From the sweaty summer,
To the freezing winter,
From the abandon of the fall,
And Bountifulness of Autumn,
From the fragrance of the spring,
To the humid rain.
All wax and wane,
Transiently passing over
To their own finalities.
It is you and I,
And what we create together,
Live forever held tight,
In the warmth and peace,
Of our un-faltering love,
Continue we both in our journey,
Of the eternal togetherness.

The grandeur of the sky,
The glory of the Sun,
The bliss of the moon,
The passion of the ocean,
The resoluteness of the Everest,
All stand in ovation,
To our eternal love!
For that is the most beautiful,
More beautiful than any other creation,
Ever conceived by God!

In gratitude to you,
And the almighty,
For decorating my life,
With your loving
Presence of solace,
I celebrate this special day,
Contemplating together,
In each others arms.

Happy Birthday Paku.
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment