Saturday, February 5, 2011

Am I just a Human?



Am I just another living creature?
With flesh and blood,
And some say soul.
With my prejudices,
Beliefs, fears, biases,
And superstitions!

Am I just another living creature?
With a sense of right and wrong,
Good and bad,
You and me,
Ideas of interesting and boring!

Am I just another living creature?
Struggling to make ends meet,
Sweating to ear my living,
Managing with my liabilities and
Responsibilities.

Am I just another living creature?
Led by my genetic urge,
To eat, prey, and reproduce.

Or may be I am
A temporary carrier of
All that is beautiful and bright!
All the virtues and inspiring traits!
Rising against all cynicism with
A ray of hope, and love!
All what is positive,
That natural selection,
Aided to evolve!

Being transient my design,
Conceived as a carrier,
Only for a short duration –
A small blip in eternity!
I do my best passing
Down all what is happy and bright,
To the posterity for ever.

The purpose of my life,
Is fulfilled with great grandeur,
If I am just am able to be what I am,
In its most superlative form,
Carrying with me
The light of love,
Understanding, peace!

With a deep seated,
Human defiance against,
Anything what is mean and negative,
I stand as a means – a channel –
And a bearer of the cross,
To show to the world,
There is always a hope,
For love deserves always another chance,
In every moment and in every age!


______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment