Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ramblings of a Maverick – A Love Story from a dream


Walking down the archaic lanes,
Beside vast green farms,
Met I one sunny bright day
A woman with the Most Beautiful Eyes!
Instant was the intoxication –
My soul allowed itself to be possessed with her love!
For one simple reason –
There was an ageless attraction,
With no expectation anywhere!

This is the story of
The most beautiful woman!
More beautiful than any that reality can afford.
Too divine for the mortal world to hoard!
Though not real,
Just for the sake of the dream,
Come to my side,
For it is worth taking the ride!
Another story of one mortal’s dream!
Fear there is none – for reality it is not!

It is enough just to love her,
To be with her in my thoughts
To color this existence of mine,
With her smile, her words, her love!
For time very less is left!
The Clock is ticking high,
The dream is passing by!

The feeling of love,
It is what comes from within
 Being blessed with her presence
In thoughts and dreams!
The feeling is pure, true and divine.
It knows no fear, no guilt, no whine!

It really does not matter,
What she thinks of me.
Is there cold indifference
Or arduous passion,
That resides in her bosom
Is Irrelevant!
For the wetness of the dew,
Comes from within it,
Does not matter – It is dawn or dusk!


When I leave this world,
This world of dream,
When I breathe out the last breath,
Leaving everything behind,
My dream will have a face
And a name and the memory
Of those bright, and profound eyes!
A life left behind adorned with
The Most beautiful eyes,
Ushering one to even a more beautiful soul!

Then one day bright,
Walking by the archaic path,
Decided I to take the risk,
And jump on the fire!
Revealed I with a throbbing heart –
My love for her!
I had to garner the courage,
To speak out what felt so right,
I had to break the bondage of fear,
Created and closely knit by the
Phantoms of mind!
I had to die completely,
And then being born again!
For aware was I,
The Clock was ticking high,
The dream is passing by!

Of course there was a deep fear,
Of being looked down,
Being thrown into the ocean of ordinary –
“ways men are…”
Being labeled as another stereotype!

But then there was a looming hope,
A faith – that the soul might be given
A benefit of doubt,
And a chance to be loved in return!
But that was just a faith, and no condition!
For no strings of want, and expectation,
Had caged the deep love of the soul!

I don’t know what I call this bond!
Name of this attraction the soul feels.
Know I not,
In the language of the mortal land.
For I know my love is not of this age,
And this soil.

The dream had to end,
- As did all dreams,
Ending out, and giving way,
To a new dream –
A delusion – we call reality!

But this “awaken” state knew
No such unconditional LOVE!
No air was there for my love to breathe!
The Clock did chime,
The slumber did break!
So did my love.
Shattered was it,
Dropped on the hard and stony
Floor of Reality!
The real world saw its demise.

She turned away and got lost,
In the mist of distant lands!
The music was no more audible,
The hue was no more in the rainbow!
Suddenly all was dead and cold,
Grey and dull!

But, determined was my soul,
Not to surrender to the
Delusion of realism!
For it knew for sure,
Its love is youthful,
To Eternity!
Only what was needed,
Was an escape from the dream
Of the real world!
A Freedom from being ALIVE!

______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment