Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gods of the world


Do I need to believe
In stories and myths?
Do I need to believe in
Fairy tale characters as Gods?

Do not I have Gods all round me?
In the form of lovely friends,
Family and fellow brethren?
Why do I need to enclose myself
In the dungeon of my head
Contemplating a hypothetical entity,
Whose experience is itself
Borrowed either from a book
Or Another human –
In flesh, blood and passion.

I proclaim not
The non-existence of God.
Rather I proclaim Her (why His) nearness,
To be in my everyday life,
In the form of
Beautiful, creative, valiant, and authentic
Human souls –
My family, friends and my fellow brethren.

I dedicate all my moments
Of being alive to all my living Gods -
Throbbing with life and love!

Better they are for sure,
Than the lifeless, cold, hard, deaf and dumb
Gods of the world!


______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment