Friday, April 22, 2011

Being Alive..


Being alive for me,
Is not about
What I can get from the world,
From Its people, Its institutions,
And from its ways.

Rather it is about,
Being relevant
To the panorama of life,
In all the games,
All fanfare,
All drama!

It is not about
Was I loved,
Or recognized.
It is neither about
What I hoarded,
What I gained,
Or what I posses.

Being alive for me,
Is about using what
Life has to offer to me,
And engaging in an endeavor
To contribute meaningfully,
To people around me,
To the institutions I belong,
To the civilization I am part of.

Being alive for me,
Is about being used up,
Completely for a meaning -
For a mission -
Bigger than my life itself!
It is about contributing to
The ongoing evolution of mankind,
Either by being part of a team
Making a next generation product,
Or being a better father,
A better friend.
Or in working on an idea,
A concept, a thought,
Something that gives direction
To the march of human evolution -
Contributing to the overall
Increase of beauty around!

Being alive for me,
Is about having that grace,
The style and pride,
Of loving whole heartedly,
Without expecting an ounce in return!
It is about having the courage
To love, and truly love!
To express right from
The deepest recesses of my heart -
What I feel right about!

Being alive for me,
Is about making friends,
Being in love,
Understanding life,
In all its shade!
And knowing myself and the world!

Being alive for me,
Is always keeping the context alive -
The context of pure unconditionality.
The context of,
Being relevant to the world
For its own good,
Not to the narrow urges,
Of my smaller self!

Being alive for me,
Is creating lovely memories
Each moment,
With my words, my action, my thoughts!
Being part of lives of
Friends, family, and others -
Loving, and expressing,
Writing, and working,
Playing, and laughing,
Caring and Nurturing!
It is like being a sculptor
Busy in flow
creating the most beautiful work of art -
His Life - his muse!

Being alive for me,
Is being part the life of Others,
Sharing their lives,
Their moments,
Moments of happiness and sorrow,
As all are parts of me,
And I part of them!

Being alive for me,
Is making the best in others
Bloom out to flamboyance!
Enabling wellbeing everywhere.

Being alive for me,
Is being an obstinate optimist,
An incurable romantic,
Being intoxicated in love,
Working in the Temple of Human Potential,
Living in the paradise of Angels,
Being citizen of the country
Of Gods, Cultures, Food and Festivals!

Being alive for me,
Is an attempt to see God
In a beautifully written poem,
In those Most Beautiful Eyes,
In those states of being in FLOW,
Engaging in my strengths,
Creating a work of art,
Playing with my daughter,
Hours long – tireless and sleepless!

Being alive for me,
Is returning home after
A long tiring day of work,
To the peace of home,
My daughter and my better half –
Who have always loved me
With my shortcomings and flaws!
Exactly the way I am!

Being alive is,
Getting drenched in the rain,
Barebody and with friends,
Running with the football,
On the cozy and soft marshy ground!

Being alive is,
Reading, contemplating,
On thoughts and ideas of great souls –
Philosophers, scientists and poets,
Creating new ridges of thought,
In the contours of the grey cells.

Being alive is,
Challenging myself,
With a difficult task,
With a gallant goal,
With a grand dream!

Being alive is
Breathing in the hope,
Of the impossible!
Waiting patiently,
For that beautiful coincidence!
To take the breath of life out!

Being alive is,
Living life to the fullest!
Loving with ardor intense!
Falling down, getting hurt,
Bleeding and Sweating!
But still continuing the journey –
In the march to be relevant!


Being alive is
Making love with the solitude,
Deep and intimate and intense!
Getting into
The gaps between the thoughts,
Tasting the absolute stillness –
A realm of thoughtless bliss!

Being alive is,
Living with the pride,
Of being able to love the most,
Give the most,
Care the most,
Contribute the most,
With the grace
Of simplicity, silence,
And pure unconditionality!

Most of all,
It is being aware -
Each moment is ticking by,
For never to return!
Gradually heading are we,
To the end of this dream!
Why then to live a life small,
A life constrained and in fear!

For time is less,
Joys are many!
It is about being indulged in Life,
With heart, body, mind and soul!
Truly being alive!
Every moment every day!

______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment