Saturday, April 16, 2011

The temple of Human Potential!


I am an ordinary Engineer,
Working 12-15 hours everyday.
On Saturdays too I slog –
Either in the hardware lab,
Or with my laptop – coding, designing, testing!
Every morning to night,
With strict deadlines,
Am I expected to produce
“World class artifacts with the best quality”.
Relentlessly, with ever increasing complexity –
Both in challenges of scope and time!

They say I am creating a history!
Well, that might be true.
But what about my life?
I don’t have even 2 full days in a week
To relax and do what I like to!
Those were the lost days –
I had Saturdays and Sundays!
Dedicated to me, my family and friends!
Such a Paradise which I have lost!

I am an ordinary Engineer,
Sitting in the 10:00pm cab,
On my way back home,
Thinking about my Paradise Lost.
Was I astonishingly intrigued –
Why I still love to come here?
To the same office?
Day after day – years after years?
Why is it that I feel so proud about my work?
Why is it that I feel I am different,
I am unique!
Why is it that I feel
I am whole and complete,
In my beloved place of work!

I am tired, I am exhausted.
But why do I look forward to
Come to the same office –
My love – My Temple!

Then I realize –
They are the small, cute stories,
Those I am part of every day,
That pulls me to this place –
I call temple of Human Potential!
The valiant gestures of
Engineering ingenuity,
Young boys and girls,
And veterans as well,
Putting their minds into
Solving otherwise seemingly
In-conceivable problem –
Day in and day out!

The spirit of invincibility,
Of the newbie to make sense
Of that complicated task,
Trying to learn and make a difference!

That patience and care,
Of the expert,
Shaping the world of
The rookie – guiding him through
Unchartered avenues of Engineering Excellence!

With scores of hurdles every day,
I get amazed how people are being –
A true Engineer!
Fixing issues, creating amazing stuffs!
It is absolutely Inspiring!

The spirit of invincibility and creativity!
No matter what!
That beautiful interdependence –
Each doing their Best!
Creating a Whole –
A NON-ZERO game!
A BIG GAME!
A game that is making me grow,
As a better Man,
A better father,
A better friend,
A better professional!
Creating a better tomorrow!

I know – every moment –
I have a choice –
Either to be a victim,
Or be an invincible spirit –
Creating What Inspires me!
May be so they say –
I create therefore I am!

Salute I with heart filled with respect –
To the temple of Human Potential!
______________________________________________ 

Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment