Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The New Heaven of Freedom

Looking around from that "Heaven of Freedom" 
I brighten up, with cheers all over!
From that stroke of midnight,
Of the tryst with destiny,
Till today, a long way we have all come!


The day has changed!
1 Billion of us,
Strong we stand
Scaling new heights,
Accomplishing new feats.


None is there to stop,
Diving with the waves,
Cruising through the wind,
Racing ahead of time,
We are Gods,
in the "Heaven of Freedom"


We have shaken off
"the narrow domestic walls"
Of religion, and language,
Of culture, and beliefs.
United are we,
looking at the sky,
busy creating things new
With the firm conviction
To leave a legacy
In the sands of passing time.


Yes, I am the neo-Indian,
rejoicing my freedom!
A freedom to jump high,
To scale newer heights,
To create new colors,
To write new thoughts,
To collaborate with the world,
Thus co-create a new Heaven!
A heaven more beautiful 
Than that conjured by Tagore!


Time is ripe to rise above 
mere nationalism!
The era is to wake up 
from the slumber of 
narrow patriotism!
Yes, we are growing!
We are growing beyond 
all  that divides, 
And all that shackles.


I am the neo Indian!
Ushering I am
To a new Heaven, 
Where love for humanity 
Is ahead of the love for my country,
Where the concern for my planet,
is ahead of my attachment
To village I was born.
Where I care about the world peace,
And do my part to keep the planet green!


I am playing my role
in a Flat World,
Standing shoulder to shoulder,
With many other nations, 
with many other geographies,
With people from all over the world,
preparing for a new 
Tryst with Destiny!
A destiny where
There will be no hunger,
A destiny where
Poverty will be just an 
archaic expression!
A destiny where
free and fair trade 
Transform the living standard of
just not my country 
but for all!




The New Heaven is on its way!
It is not visible,
But I can hear it breathing.
It is on its way!
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment