Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This is Subhas speaking...

Why shall I beg for my own right?
Why shall I not hit back against exploitation?
For it is much more than
A feud between an imperialist and a colony.
It is about my own motherland!
How can I be passive?
Watching her being molested?


Yes, I am alone.
But is not that expected for a rebel?
I do not believe what
Almost everyone believes today.
Non-violence is noble.
But it can never make us free.
These exploiters have to be
Thrashed out of my motherland.
They are thick skinned.
No good for a noble pleading.


I do not have the Congress
To support,
Neither I have villages after villages
Backing me.
With a small faction of dozen rebels,
I have marched towards defeating
The British Raj!


Looks unpredictable.
But I know it is possible.
For seeing the acorn seed,
Who could predict the giant oak tree?
I declare it to be possible,
And so it shall be.
I know I am right,
And God is by my side.


I will form my army,
I will sail out 7 seas,
I will turn the world around,
But I will make it happen!
For in my life time I shall
See my mother free!


It pains me
For centuries together,
We never had the guts,
Never the passion,
To stand united for our motherland!
Too narrow had we been,
Imprisoned in the cocoon of
Our own small life.
Never had we thought
The world out of that gate of our homes!


Enough is enough!
No more shall I allow
India to be slithering on the floor
In double standards of peace and non violence.
To clean the slimy dirt,
You need to apply force.


I shall not allow the
Sacrifices of thousands of young
Men and women,
I shall keep the fire on!
And burn the empire of the
British Raj!


No revolution was won
Begging for it.
All needed blood and sacrifice.
So, shall I bring out this?
Revolution anew,
You give me blood, I shall give you freedom!


I am no God,
Nor am I the Atlas,
I am no charmer,
With the entire country
Swarming behind me.
I don’t have the Gladiators,
Nor the arms and ammunitions.
Here I am all alone,
Set out to defeat the
Great Britain!!


Yes, I am nervous,
And I am apprehensive,
For know I not the future.
More than success I see
Failures all around.
But, I am sure of one thing,
Irrespective of what is my destiny,
I will be able to die free of any atonement!
For I shall try all that is possible,
Walking in the drum beats of my heart!
I shall not limit myself,
With constraints in my head.
I know I am already free,
Free at my mind,
Free at my heart!
Have I started on the errand,
To bring that Freedom
Out of my Heart,
To the valleys of my Motherland!


I am not a passive stone,
Borne to be smothered by
Some lesser mortals.
I am part of God,
The priceless gift of Creativity adorns me!
I am here to innovate,
To build,
To inspire,
To direct the storm
Of Human Potential
To create a renaissance of Prosperity in Freedom!


Today freedom is in its pure potential,
And there are these innumerous obstacles,
Both within and outside!
But then does not it make the task more interesting?
For the increased degree of challenge
Adds finesse to the work at hand!


I am happy that I have chosen,
To be used up nourishing that
Pure potential and parenting it out
To the sunshine of the real world!
For this creates meaning for my existence.
I am not a body, nor an identity,
I am not my possessions.
I am just an expression of nature,
Working towards evolving out
A bud to a flamboyant flower!
This is the invisible intention
Of the Cosmos that flows through me.
I am just a medium.


Yes, being a link between
That hidden divine potential,
To the solidity of the real world,
I have transgressed my fear of mortality,
I have transcended my weaknesses of
Being just a human.


I have chosen what gives meaning to my life,
I have a purpose to die for.
I am here to play my role
With heart and body, mind and soul.
Rest is all in the hand of
The random natural selection at work!


If nothing else,
I am sure,
Generations to come,
Will at least remember
Subhash Chandra Bose,
As a soul who tried his best
To repay his debt of being an Indian!

______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment