Monday, April 12, 2010

Being a Link

With so many wishes and ambitions,
filled in heart,
I walk down the pathway.
More I get inside,
more is the chatter :
My desires, my ambitions,
My safety, my importance.
Drugged to death,
am I, like a zombie walking by.

Obsessed with what I want,
I completely have ignored what reality is!
Life is always about forcing my will
Against all odds, no matter what!

But then a step back I took,
watched the drama in perspective,
And then was a deep insight!
I was nothing but just a Link!

When absorbed in,
Wording my feelings in a beautiful poem,
Did I discover
It was not "I" who was doing the writing,
Rather i was just a link to
That Source from where
the Powerful expressions were flowing!

When engrossed in the act of love,
Did I waken up!
It was not that "I" who was loving,
But the orgasmic love of the Source,
was flowing through!

While fixing that difficult
problem at work,
It was i who was being just
a "Link" between the problem
and the solution!

Being just a Link,
made all the difference!
Life is so much free now!
For being a Link with the nature,
and the world Outside,
creates an extended "I".

This new "I" was not Samrat.
Neither was it a son, a husband, or a father.
It was also not the lover, the poet, the dreamer!
It was not a doer altogether!
Rather the new "I" was a "Link"
: A part of the Symphony of nature.
The existence was not in a separate I,
Rather it was an inclusion of I, you, and that!
I am just a link, and nothing else!

For I have my dream,
I have my ambition.
But at the same time,
I am the link between the
Source and the nature.
World does not work
on my will and whim.
But me being the link,
can always figure out the
most optimum experience with what IS.

It is not about forcing ones will
On everything.
Rather it is about winnowing
in the lap of wind of nature,
but at the same time,
knowing the direction to go!

The beauty of life,
Is in the love given,
In the warmth experienced,
In the contributions done,
In the growth gained in hardships,
In being kind and compassionate,

All of these done,
being just a Link,
winnowing in the current of life!

Only on being the link,
was I able to gain freedom
from my inner chatter,
my old I.
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

1 comment:

  1. Nice thought...a new perspective towards life...interesting! The part I liked the most was....while fixing that problem at work...I was nothing but a link between problem and solution....sahi...fundoo!!! I like it...:-)

    ReplyDelete