Friday, April 16, 2010

Life is shorter than I thought!

Life is shorter than I thought!
The stage of adolescence got spent in naivety!
The teen was gone in
getting a feel about what is all around.
Ten years hence I took
to figure out what is that I really want!

Now, already spent half of the life,
I really see so much less a time is left for me!

To laugh, and to smile,
To love and give,
To explore and be awed,
To learn things new, and grow!
To contribute and spread happiness,
To wipe a tear,
To cause a smile,
To make a heart pound with passion!
To inspire and be inspired!
To feel beauty and passion,
To be numbed in deep love!
To feel the goose bump over the body!
To be attracted and attract!
To write something beautiful,
To speak out what makes a difference,
To act that creates an impact,
To appreciate and understand,
To break the shackles of biases and prejudices,
To conquer what is known as fear,
To try out something new,
To dance in rain,
To play in mud,
To get a glimpse of my limitations,
And then working to transcend them!
And then cherish the feeling of being God!
To express my heartfelt gratitude,
To entities both in form and non-form!

To love and lose,
To like and be hated,
Also to love and be loved!
And..yes also to hate, and but be loved!!
To ignore, but being missed, and yes the vice versa!

The sensuous nature in abundance around,
craving to be touched and cuddled!
The heights of mountain,
The depth of the seas,
The expanse of the corn fields,
The glee of the sunflower,
The elegance of the tulip,
The fragrance of the rose,
All there in bounty,
Like a lovelorn beloved,
waiting for my embrace of attention!

So much less a time I have,
Why am I spending it in things mundane?
Why am I spending it
doing things I dont want to do?
Why am I spending it listening to
Things I dont want to listen?
or seeing things I dont want to see?
Even listening to what I dont want to listen?

For I can create a world I want to live,
Close to my heart!
A world decorated with challenges anew,
Heights to be scaled,
Barriers to be broken,
Having the head held high,
and setting the mind free,
Here I stand at the prime of my life,
Determined to make the most of
the rare opportunity of being a Human!
______________________________________________
Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

1 comment: