Friday, April 23, 2010

Grateful for your indifference!

Lost have I your adorable presence.
All lost in the tide of time.
Surging waves of longing
Have I held for years.
Sometimes I try to cage it,
With the siniews of models,
philosophical and metaphysical.
Or sometimes with other mythical
mental abstractions.
But then it churns from the bottom
of my wailing heart,
Now and then shouting out -
can't we never be friends again?

For life is short,
Ready am I to be labelled wrong.
For all was my mistake - I agree.
Can't you please turn back again,
Till the motion of breaths remain?

But then I sigh,
For did ever meet
The Earth and Sky?
So did never both the banks
of the Ganges meet,
Even on Gods own feet!

And then again I think,
It is good that the Earth never met the Sky,
The banks never was in union,
For if they had met,
wouldnt have been either
Sky or the Earth,
Neither the Ganges flowing by!

It is the separation
That has kept the love alive!
For it is the gap between the notes,
which makes the music!
Isn't that your indifference has added all the beauty?

I choose not to annihilate my love,
with the ephemeral ecstasy of union!
For it is this separation, which has kept
My love so young, and so throbbing with life!

I am grateful for your indifference!
For I pray to the creator
To keep you the way you are,
Far away unaware!
And here I celebrate that love,
Which is death to hide,
Which is death to hide.
______________________________________________
 Copy Right © All rights reserved - Samrat Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment